Difficulty with app purchased from Mac app store.

Reaction score
I have a Mac Mini, M1 running 13.1.1
Perusing the App Store recently I found "TextSniper'. Blurb said "It works with this Mac. Opening this comment it said 'requires OS 10.15 or later. I assumed (wrongly maybe) it would work with Ventura. Reviews were all very positive, this app seemed to be just what I needed so I purchased. After it downloaded and opened I found it would not respond to instructions. I contacted Apple, they told me to contact the 3rd party developer as not an Apple product. Great support !
I sent a message to the developer, nearly 2 weeks later, no response.
My concern,
Is this app, TextSniper, compatible with Ventura ? So far, I've been unable to find out.
Anybody else tried TextSniper ?

Reaction score
Perusing the App Store recently I found "TextSniper'. Blurb said "It works with this Mac. Opening this comment it said 'requires OS 10.15 or later. I assumed (wrongly maybe) it would work with Ventura. Reviews were all very positive, this app seemed to be just what I needed so I purchased. After it downloaded and opened I found it would not respond to instructions. I contacted Apple, they told me to contact the 3rd party developer as not an Apple product. Great support !
My concern,
Is this app, TextSniper, compatible with Ventura ? So far, I've been unable to find out.
It works fine in Ventura 13.4 Beta (22F5037d).

Screen Shot 2023-04-20 at 06.36.56.png

However, I hardly ever use it because I have a different method of capturing text, far more powerful. I just have TextSniper running in case I can find some use for it.

Reaction score
My concern,
Hello,

This is the TextSniper developer. I apologize if I missed your email. After checking our email history, I couldn't find any unanswered emails with the keyword 'Ventura.'

I'm happy to inform you that TextSniper is fully compatible with macOS Ventura. If you have any issues, please let me know in this forum or email us at (e-mail address removed). I will do my best to respond as soon as possible."

Also, let me briefly remind you how the app works.

After launching, TextSniper will run silently in the background and will always be accessible from the menu bar. You can instantly activate TextSniper by pressing Shift+Cmd+2 (customizable via TextSniper Preferences) or by clicking on the TS icon in the menu bar and selecting the 'Capture Text' option. You will notice that the mouse pointer changes to a crosshair, allowing you to capture any screen area. The text within the selection will be instantly recognized and copied to the clipboard. You can then paste it into any app by pressing Cmd+V or selecting 'Paste' from the options that appear.

In rare cases when Shift+Cmd+2 does not work because the shortcut is already associated with another app, you can change the shortcut by going to TextSniper Preferences > Shortcuts and selecting a different shortcut, such as Shift+Cmd+1.

If you cannot see the TextSniper menu bar icon, try closing a few running menu bar apps. The TextSniper icon should appear. If you want the TextSniper menu bar icon to always be visible, hold the Command key and drag the icon to the right side of the menu bar."

Ask a Question