Did security update 2015-004 broke CS5.5?

Reaction score
Hi,
from 4 days ago I can't launch Illustrator, Bridge and Dreamweaver CS5.5, Illustrator crashes with an error (-108) on various stages of starting up, but Dreamveawer is just stuck on initializing CSS. The only thing I can remember is installing security update 2015-004 on Mavericks (10.9.5) a day before that. I tried creating a new user and starting up in safe mode but the same thing happens.

When launching Bridge it shuts down imediatly and the Console is showing:

15/04/15 13:06:40,473 Adobe Bridge CS5.1[39909]: ICARegisterEventNotification-Has been deprecated since 10.5. Calls to this function in the future may crash this application. Please move to ImageCaptureCore

Here is the Console log from Illustrator crash (too long so I'm posting as an attachment):

Thanks in avance..

Attachments

• Illustrator crash.txt
    61.8 KB · Views: 459

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Try repairing disk permissions using Disk Utility.
-Delete the preference files/folders for those apps in your user library.
-Make sure all updates are current.
-Have you installed any fonts recently?

C

Reaction score
Thank you Cory for your replay, I have tried all the things you mentioned before, but with no luck, I'm using FontExplorer for font management and used it's tool to remove all non System fonts from the Libraries and deactivated them, so only the base fonts were available, no luck there either. The only thing I didn't do is to remove all CS5.5 apps and all the supporting files and fonts and then reinstall from scratch, I've been avoiding this because of all of the settings, keyboard shortcuts, plugins, brushes, etc. installed, but now I don't see any other option except from reinstalling Mavericks over the current installation and see if that security update is the problem.
Now, if I remember correctly I can reinstall the OS over the "old" one and retain all the preferences, email accounts, etc.?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I don't really think the security update could cause that issue, but you never know.

I think I would uninstall and re-install CS 5.5 first. It should leave all your prefs and customizations intact. You could also create a second user on the Mac and see if the issue is replicated on it. If so, then it's CS 5.5. If not, then it is a preference issue on your user.

C

Ask a Question