Desktop wiped out after entering script to clear iCal cache

Reaction score
Hi, I was only trying to clear my iCal cache but it ended up clearing everything except a folder on my desktop. I googled searched for a way to clear iCal and got to this page (http://answers.makeitwork.com/how-to-reset-ical-on-your-mac-or-how-to-clean-up-your-ical/) and did exactly what it said to you and wrote rm -rf ~/Library/{Caches,Caches/Metadata,Preferences,Application\ Support}/*iCal* this script in my terminal and everything that was on my desktop got completely wiped out except for a folder that was named in Korean. Does anyone know of a way to store this? Any ideas? Suggestions? I heard whatever was lost in terminal is gone forever but I was hoping someone would have a solution. Thanks!

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
In this scenario just turn your Mac off, don't use it as it may be possible to retrieve the lost files using data recovery. What I mean is the files are likely still on your Hard Drive but if you continue to use your Mac then the space that the lost files occupy will be written over so best get it to a Mac service centre.

Ask a Question