Desktop folder

Reaction score
My desktop folder became a "package" . I believe it is after a cleanup operation with ONYX. Impossible to open it in Finder, or to move anything around on the desktop. What happened? How to revert to normal???
Thanks.
Ray

Reaction score
ONYX is a nightmare, it could have done anything. You'll need to talk to the maker of ONYX fro support on this.

Reaction score
Hi Ray,

I have used ONYX for years never had an issue and am extremely confused at any connection whatsoever between your desktop folder issue and running ONYX. Hope Cory Cooper link fixes your problem.
And as rule of thumb have always run it through automation with the following settings just for info

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-12-04 at 20.33.20.png
    Screen Shot 2012-12-04 at 20.33.20.png
    42.4 KB · Views: 332
  • Screen Shot 2012-12-04 at 20.44.12.jpg
    Screen Shot 2012-12-04 at 20.44.12.jpg
    21.9 KB · Views: 303

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
The main thing with something like OnyX is to leave your Mac well alone while OnyX is performing any maintenance work.

Reaction score
The main thing with something like OnyX is to leave your Mac well alone while OnyX is performing any maintenance work.

Agree 100% :) it is a very powerful program, and in my humble opinion the best in its field, if used correctly.

Reaction score
Thanksa lot . I followed the link, and there V.K. s advise:
for the desktop problem run this in terminal:

xattr -d com.apple.FinderInfo ~/Desktop

It did the job!
Going through that thread, it occurred to me that the problem may not have come from ONYX, but from using "Arrange By" in the finder, which I did just before or after running ONYX.

Reaction score
Hi,
Thanks . I followed the link and V.K. s advise:
for the desktop problem run this in terminal:

xattr -d com.apple.FinderInfo ~/Desktop

It did the job!
Going through that thread, it occurred to me that the problem may not have come from ONYX, but from using "Arrange By" in the finder, which I did just before or after running ONYX.
I have also been using ONYX for years without any problems.
Thanks for helping.
Ray

Reaction score
far more likely to be ONYX, it can mess with all manner of things.

Needs a huge User Beware sign stamped on it!

Reaction score
Hi,

Very pleased Cory Coopers link did the job, :) personally still do not believe ONYX could come close to altering your system as per your issue.

Ask a Question