Deletion of Items from Word Project Gallery

Reaction score
I have a 7 year old Macbook running on OS X (Version 10.6.8). When I bought the computer I also purchased Microsoft Office:Mac, dated 2004.
I use the latter mainly for creating Word documents. The default page when I open Word is Project Gallery, and this is where I can amend old documents or create new ones. Unfortunately, over the years the list of created Word documents in Project Gallery has become excessive, and it is difficult to quickly locate old documents.
What I wish to do is delete a lot of the documents listed in Project Gallery, but there appears to be no mechanism for doing this. When I exit from Word, and go into Mac Finder, I can locate the Word documents, and click and drag them to the waste bin. This deletes them from Mac Finder, but not from the listing in Word Project Gallery.
Can anyone help?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
If you mean templates, I think they are .dot files, you could do a Spotlight search for them and move them to your Trash but I would be careful to note their original location just-in-case.

Don't empty your Trash!

Restart your Mac and open Office and see if this helps.

Reaction score
I would like to thank the Moderator for the response above. I don't think what I am referring to are templates, and they are not .dot files. They are .doc files. I have tried a Spotlight search, followed by a click and drag to the trash. This deletes the document from Mac Finder, but the document is still listed in Word Project Gallery. Has anyone encountered this problem and worked out a solution?

Ask a Question