deleting text

Reaction score
I am not a Mac owner but a wannabe; however, I first need to answer one question. It seems like a basic question to me but I haven't been able to get help with it.

The Mac laptops have a backspace key but no dedicated key to delete in the opposite direction. Is there some way to create a special character - or even combination character - so that I will be able to do this?

Thanks.

Reaction score
Hi,

Hope you get the Mac you want. Back deleting is easy its a two key combination of the fn + back or delete keys.

Attachments

• late_2008_mbp_keyboard.png
    late_2008_mbp_keyboard.png
    198.4 KB · Views: 269
Reaction score
If this is very important you can always get the extended USB keyboard which has the forward delete key.

Reaction score
Thanks! I did a little research and was able to figure out the fn/delete combination. It's amazing to me that it should take 2 keys, but never mind. Now I have a bunch more questions, of course.

But thanks anyway.

Reaction score
Delete forward has been a 2 key combo, on both Mac and Windows for as long as I can remember. It is only found as a separate key on extended keyboards.

Reaction score
Well, on every PC I've owned there are two separate keys: backspace, which was on typewriters pre-computer, and delete.

Ask a Question