deleting files from download folder.

Reaction score
Hey all,

I would like to delete all the files from my download folder at once but can't figure out how to do.

Any help would be great. Since its just files I don't need anymore taking up space on my desktop!

Thanks in advance.

-Jewel

Reaction score
Hey all,

I would like to delete all the files from my download folder at once but can't figure out how to do.

Any help would be great. Since its just files I don't need anymore taking up space on my desktop!

Thanks in advance.

-Jewel

Not sure if this will work, given that your downloads folder could contain different types of files. But, while in the Finder, open the Downloads folder, click on one of the files, then do a "Select All" from the edit men. Then, select "Move to Trash" from the File Menu, and then you should be able to empty the trash.

Again, sometimes there are instances where files are "in use", and they will need to be skipped during the emptying of the trash.

Just to make sure, it is your downloads folder, right? The reason I ask is that you state "Since its just files I don't need anymore taking up space on my desktop!". Myself, I do not have my downloads folder anywhere on the desktop, but I have read where such an option is available.

Reaction score
Yeah, that is a simpler way, although one needs to make sure they open the folder they want to remove all the files from. I actually use that command to select all the EMails I have deleted on Outlook 2016, so that my next keystrokes (holding down the shift key and selecting Delete) will then have all of them permanently removed.

Last edited:

Ask a Question