Deleting applications fully

Reaction score
Hi guys, I wanted to know the best way besides just dragging to the trash to uninstall applications like 3rd party plugin software. I know there is a function you can do that brings up every thing and everywhere you may have stuff relating to what you want to delete as I've done it before but I can't remember and didn't bookmark the web page where I saw it before.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
when you install a 3rd party or non Apple app sometimes in the dmg there will be an uninstaller, so it's important to note this. Other 3rd Party apps have inbuilt uninstall capabilities but I can't recall which particular ones off the top of my head.

If it's a Preference Pane just right-click to see the remove option.

There are loads of free 3rd party uninstallers out there, my fave is AppTrap a preference pane. It's up to you which one you want to try they are pretty much all alike. Web page plug-ins are installed from within respective web browsers.

Most apps are dealt with by dragging them to the Trash as the crud that is left is of negligible disc space.

Reaction score
Hi guys, I wanted to know the best way besides just dragging to the trash to uninstall applications like 3rd party plugin software. I know there is a function you can do that brings up every thing and everywhere you may have stuff relating to what you want to delete as I've done it before but I can't remember and didn't bookmark the web page where I saw it before.

Use CleanMyMac 3. It strips out the app and all related files. Easy to use, too.

Reaction score
CleanMyMac has a reputation of causing issues with Macs, just like. MacKeeper. There are better, safer ways to do maintenance on a Mac, and also there are some excellent, well reviewed free products out there that do an good job. Onyx is one of them, as is AppCleaner or AppZapper.

Ask a Question