Davinci Resolve on MacBook pro

Reaction score
Hi,
Is anyone using Davinci Resolve 15 or 16 on a MacBook Pro? I’m about to upgrade my 9 year old MacBook Air. The main reason is to be able to edit 4K video.

I am able to take advantage of buying the Mac at a Uk airport and paying much less tax than the high street.

The only thing is that I’m limited to the spec below.

2.66Hz 6-core 8th Gen 6 core i7 processor
Radeon Pro 560X with 4GB
16 GB memory
512Gb HD

I’m looking for someone who is using the program and give feedback on how it performs with this spec.

Cheers

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I am not experienced with DaVinci Resolve, as I don't do any video work at all. With 4K video, it is always better to have higher spec hardware, as it is VERY system resource hungry. More RAM and a fast SSD/flash storage drive are critical.

Honestly, you would get the best response from folks in the Blackmagic Forum.

C

Reaction score
Hello,

I am not experienced with DaVinci Resolve, as I don't do any video work at all. With 4K video, it is always better to have higher spec hardware, as it is VERY system resource hungry. More RAM and a fast SSD/flash storage drive are critical.

Honestly, you would get the best response from folks in the Blackmagic Forum.

C

Cheers. Great suggestion.

Ask a Question