Date variable changes are not being saved

Reaction score
Hello, I'm new to automator and I recently created my first workflow to sort accounting receipts scanned by several teammates and stored in a shared Dropbox folder.

The workflow filters all files inside a folder according to each file's creation date within a monthly date range using the "is after" and "is before" variables. Then it relocates the filtered files in a destination folder corresponding to the files' month.

However, the date variables "is after" and "is before" are not getting saved once I close Automator.

In the example shown below I've set the date range to filter all files created in March as "is after 02/28/2021" and "is before 01/04/2021" and then executed the workflow. It worked fine. But when I saved the workflow (cmd+s) closed Automator and tested the script it didn't work. I reopened automator and all the date values for every month appear as the "is today" variable.

I can't get around this issue and I'm starting to assume this could be a bug in the Big Sur Update... But maybe I'm doing something wrong.

And perhaps there's a more efficient way to automate this task?

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated. Thank You.

1615566436500.png

Attachments

• 1615565803224.png
    1615565803224.png
    252.4 KB · Views: 72

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I have very little experience with Automator/AppleScript. Maybe another member will chime in, or you can try the folks over at MacScripter.

C

Ask a Question