Dark taskbar, no Finder indicator light.

Reaction score
(I have a macbook pro running Snow Leopard 10.6.8, 2011 model).

As the title and the attached image indicate, my taskbar has gone a bit greyed out, aside from system preferences for some reason, and Finder no longer has an indicator light beneath it. All the programs still work fine, it's just a little weird because I don't know how or why this has happened. It's also another worrying sign that my poor lappy is on it's way out.

I'm going to try restarting after I post this, but I was just wondering if anyone else has had this problem?

Attachments

• Screen shot 2015-12-05 at 6.39.52 PM.png
    Screen shot 2015-12-05 at 6.39.52 PM.png
    259.1 KB · Views: 325

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Sorry we didn't get back to you sooner.

That is an issue I have never seen. The first thing I would try is to repair disk permissions using Disk Utility, then restart.

-Did you recently install any software just before the issue started?

C

Reaction score
No worries, I restarted without doing anything else and it returned to normal. It's probably just another sign that my computer is ready to quit on me (or my one-year-old mashed some buttons and caused it, though I don't think it's something that should happen in any case). Just thought it was weird.

Ask a Question