Dare We Discuss Trump?

Reaction score
What say you Cory? A ratings booster, or too hot to handle? I'm agreeable either way.

Reaction score
Having foolishly done the above (mostly religion topics) for way too many years, I hereby confirm your assertion as being entirely accurate. I would have to agree such discussions often (usually) (um, ok, always) become quite unsightly at some point, but then that's because they interest us so much.

The thing is, while manners are quite appealing, they are also a form of lying. So when we stop lying, sometimes things get more interesting, and real. Real is good, it's just kinda ugly sometimes.

So one question could be whether we will use our Macs to skate out on the ice and explore those issues which most deeply impact us, or instead use them to play it safe and limit conversations to topics few are interested enough in to lose their cool over. To each their own seems a good answer here.

It is not emotional opinion, but cold hard documented fact, that we have decided to give a man who publicly brags about groping women the launch codes to our nuclear arsenal.

Normally politics wouldn't have much impact upon our Mac life, and thus would be reasonably seen to be off topic on a Mac forum. But once we start sending perverts to the White House it seems reasonable to wonder if that is still true.

But then, there's the upside too. Nuclear war would probably stop Apple from snooping around on my Mac. :)

Reaction score
Well I have started digging thinking that somewhere near middle earth might be the safest place. :)Only to discover that the dwarves have set man traps all over the place.:eek:
Friendly bunch or maybe its self preservation.o_O

Reaction score
Like usual, there are always a group of folks that are narrow minded, and don't want to give someone a chance. Such folks base their "opinions/expert analysis" on emotion and here say, instead of dealing with facts.

Yes, Donald Trump said some "scary" things while the campaign was going on. But, look how many folks could not stop him, and even they had issues of their own. Yet, Trump has already backed off on some of the rhetoric, and also is changing his stance on some of the things he said. And he has done that without even taking office yet!

I say give him the opportunity to prove himself. Then, if he fails, he deserves to be criticized.

Reaction score
I agree. My only regret is that we couldn't find a convicted rapist to put on the ticket. But you're right, the election is over and what we got instead is just a self confessed sexual predator pervert groper, and I'm just going to have to make peace with the compromise.

But there is reason to be hopeful. Now that Trump is an even bigger celebrity, the door is open for his modest groping to evolve in to full fledged prime time live reality TV cloths ripping attacks upon members of the press, and like you said, I'm going to try to be patient and give him the opportunity to raise his game.

I just wonder though, will he be fair and balanced about this? Is he going to grab guy's private parts too, or is this going to be one of those feminist scams where the gals get all the fun, and the guys don't get their fair share??

Reaction score
I disagree. As usual, there are always folks who have a serious, demented view of things, exhibit the ability to show an over abundance of immaturity, and consistently show how much stupidity they can bestow. Man, that is one screwed up group!

I wonder whether such folks will like eating crow when Trump shows how good of a President he will be. No, that will not happen, as I must remember they are too immature to admit when they are mistaken. Now, if Trump decides to build a wall around such folks, that will be a wise move. And he will get those folks to pay for it! Way to go, President Trump!

Reaction score
I am strongly against these wars and all. the 9/11 is said to be a conspiracy led by our secret agencies just to throw a blame on laden and saddam and the likes. i don't know why are we really so much into these wars and all. lets spend our priceless time and billions of dollars and something more constructive. lets spend it to support the homeless.
these wars need an end. you can't dominate everyone.
man, our continent is totally isolated thanks to the two largest oceans on both sides. we are nowhere close to them. every attack is cause of our own leaks. and tell me why are we so much obsessed with these russians? are we still in early 1940s or what?

Reaction score
Just over a year on from the original post, are peoples opinions of Trump the same?

He certainly polarises opinion.
Over here we only seem to hear of his gaffes and the news is predominantly negative, how is he reported in the U.S?

Reaction score
Just over a year on from the original post, are peoples opinions of Trump the same?

He certainly polarises opinion.
Over here we only seem to hear of his gaffes and the news is predominantly negative, how is he reported in the U.S?

Plenty of it is negative also, but there is a good amount of positive reporting. One TV Network, Fox News, is for the most part pro-Trump. In both reading all the negative stuff (not all of it is true), an din watching "portions" of Fox news, I am kind of neutral about him. I do like that he is standing up to the North Korean dictator, and that he is really trying to improve the economy. But his considerable tweeting about things does get to be bothersome.

Reaction score
I've heard Trump eats tons of Kentucky Fried Chicken. I keep hoping that Colonel Sanders will save the nation.

Did you know that Colonel Sanders failed at all his business ventures his whole life until he was in his sixties and hit upon Kentucky Fried Chicken? I like that story. Never give up.

Reaction score
Unless you're Trump. In that case you should eat as much KFC as possible as fast as possible every day until we tell you to stop, or until you drop.....

That's all the explanation I intend to provide of my secret plan to save the nation, as I don't want Secret Service swat teams landing on my roof.

Ask a Question