Create separate accounts on my Mac

Reaction score
I wish to create separate accounts on my desktop Mac instead of the commonly held one we use now. How do I. Move my possessions to the new accounts. For now we wish to create 2 accounts. How would I set up separate accounts for our I Pads? Thanks,e

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X?

You can create multiple accounts on the Mac, but iPads don't have that ability. The easiest way to separate/move your information/files to a new account is by using an external hard drive. The process can take a while, especially if you need to separate email, iTunes purchases, photos, etc.

What types of files are you looking to separate?

C

Reaction score
Hi Cory, thanks for the reply. Mostly I have a mail program and downloaded information gained from this mail. There are also shared photos. I have an external hard drive that I use only for back up so far with the time machine. I have music on my I tunes that is shared. I am so beginner tech that I can"t say what types of files I wish to separate or peel off. Let me work on this file thing an try to answer your question better. Thanks again. E

Ask a Question