Create install USB with Sierra

Reaction score

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Which application are you using to create the USB bootable install drive?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

You might want to try DiskMaker X, as it is free and similar to the MacDaddy Install Disk Creator. Make sure you click the Downloads tab and select the version that matches your version of OS X/macOS and the installer you want to use.

C

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

You might want to try DiskMaker X, as it is free and similar to the MacDaddy Install Disk Creator. Make sure you click the Downloads tab and select the version that matches your version of OS X/macOS and the installer you want to use.

C
Hi Cory,
thanks for your advice but it doesnt help me.
Error attached.

Attachments

• Snímek obrazovky 2020-07-13 v 9.15.31.png
    Snímek obrazovky 2020-07-13 v 9.15.31.png
    18.3 KB · Views: 119

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

I wonder if it may be an issue with the USB disk you are using? Do you have any others you can try?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK

Because the Sierra installer isn't an actual macOS installer (it's a DMG disk image) like the others, that may be part of thse issue as well.

Does the older Mac support High Sierra? That may be an easier installer to create.

What is the exact model of the older Mac?

C

Reaction score
OK

Because the Sierra installer isn't an actual macOS installer (it's a DMG disk image) like the others, that may be part of thse issue as well.

Does the older Mac support High Sierra? That may be an easier installer to create.

What is the exact model of the older Mac?

C
Not sure, probably 2012 MacBook Pro. So try it with high sierra? By the same method?

Reaction score
I know, macbook support mohave too but its absolutely unstable. Ok we will try it on monday.

Reaction score
I've decided to keep installation files for Mac operating systems on USB memory cards. It's too hard to find them later. But I didn't start until Mojave. I should have started earlier.

Reaction score
I don't have a USB bootable drive, I probably should. I didn't need it to make my Mojave SSD drive.

Ask a Question