Crazy Mouse controls my iMac!

Reaction score
Hi Cory,
As a new member I need your immediate help, and thanks in advance.
My Magic Mouse got crazy and shows the riga-click pop-up menu whenever I click on it. When I scroll it up it enlarges the screen content and reduces it on the opposite direction. Can't make any progress with my work. I have attached another bluetooth mouse and the problem stays. The mouse is defined correctly on Mouse Sys. Prefs and even when I uncheck the options it behaves weirdly.
If this is not enough, it returns to normal behaviour for a short while (as it happens now, when I am writing this help call).
I am working on iMac 10.11.6 (15G1611) 2.5 GHz 8GB memory, with free 125 GB on HD
I would appreciate your help.
Alex

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this here.

Since it happens with multiple mice, it sounds like there may be a stuck Control key on your keyboard. Do you have another keyboard you can attach?

C

Reaction score
I have my old Mac G4 keyboard which I'll try and let you know.
At this moment I am clicking all keys to check it and none is missing or stuck.
Earlier today I experienced a problem with my Apple USB extended keyboard (hitting keys was rejected by a
'gling' sound). I switched to another USB port and it solved the problem.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...let us know.

If you were having issues earlier with the keyboard, it could be related. Good first steps for input device issues are always a restart and another port.

C

Reaction score
I have done several restarts and operated disk utility but that didn't make a change. For unknown reason I still enjoy a 'see fire' from my mouse and hope it will last long. Thanks for your quick respond.

Ask a Question