Crashed screen

Reaction score
I opened my computer at my desk yesterday afternoon to a glitching screen and a little part of the screen blacked out. I would assume these are signs of it being dropped or sat on (something wrong with the lcd screen?) but it never left my desk. I didn't damage it in any way, I had been using it just fine a couple hours before hand. I just got this computer a month ago and have only used it a handful of times. It is only under limited warranty. I just payed 1300 dollars for this computer -it's pretty much the most expensive thing I own and I've been saving up forever for it- and I need it for college in 2 weeks. Does anyone know what could have caused this, and if it could be under the limited warranty?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 315

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

From the photo that you attached, I can confirm that it is physical damage - a cracked LCD screen. Unfortunately, that is not covered by the standard limited warranty or AppleCare, because it is not a manufacturing defect/issue. Cracks like this are caused by undue pressure, objects hitting the screen, etc. I don't see an actual impact point, which means something caused pressure on the screen from the outer case or the glass itself.

-Do you have any pets?
-Does anyone else live with you?

The screen will definitely need to be replaced, and could cost up to $500 or so. You can contact Apple and/or other Apple Authorized Service Providers in your area to get actual pricing.

Sorry for the bad news and good luck.

C

Ask a Question