copy/paste to internet program

Reaction score
I tried several browsers but I cannot copy/paste text to an internet content management system. Anybody?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which version of OS X?
-Which CMS?
-Where are you copying text from?

C

Reaction score
Hi there,

Yosemite 10.10.4
I don't know which CMS.
I try to copy from Word and text editor. I tried with Safari, Chrome and Firefox. I've the idea my Apple blocks it.
With Windows there's no problem.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
CMS = Content Management System.

I meant, where are you trying to paste the copied text?

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
I apologize, I am still confused on where you are trying to paste the copied text from Word or another text editor. Can you explain the complete workflow, and we'll try to help you.

C

Reaction score
I apologize, I am still confused on where you are trying to paste the copied text from Word or another text editor. Can you explain the complete workflow, and we'll try to help you.

C
Sorry if I didn't make myself clear. Thanks for you patience. I have to fill templates with content (pictures and text) in a CMS. So I have text in Word and want to remove it to the template. Therefore I try to copy/paste it. I approach the CMS in internet. Instead of Word I tried Text editor as well. I also tried several browsers. Nothing works. I have the idea my Mac blocks it somehow.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries, that information helps.

-What is the name of the CMS - i.e. WordPress, Drupal, Joomia, etc.?
-Can you type some text directly in the CMS, copy it, and paste it in the same box?
-Can you simply copy text from Word and paste it into a Google search box, Facebook post, or other text box in your browser?

C

Reaction score
No worries, that information helps.

-What is the name of the CMS - i.e. WordPress, Drupal, Joomia, etc.?
-Can you type some text directly in the CMS, copy it, and paste it in the same box?
-Can you simply copy text from Word and paste it into a Google search box, Facebook post, or other text box in your browser?

C
Good questions!
I have no clue about the name of the CMS. It is developed for my organization. In the url it says 'brandportal graphit'
No, I cannot copy/paste within the CMS
Yes, I can copy/paste to other text boxes in the browser

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...that is interesting. From what I can tell by "brandportal graphit," that CMS is for publishing marketing materials and collaboration, mainly in the Netherlands.

Since you can paste text into boxes other websites, and it works normally with PCs, then it sounds like a setup issue with the CMS. I wonder if their interface is optimized only for say Internet Explorer, which would explain why browsers like Chrome and Firefox may not work. Or, maybe that CMS uses/requires ActiveX, which is pretty much Internet Explorer-only in Windows.

-Do Chrome and Firefox work on the PCs, or just Internet Explorer?
-Do you have a support contact for the CMS through your company?
-Does anyone else have the same issue using their Mac?
-Do you have access to another Mac to try?

Trying to narrow it down to the Mac platform versus your Mac in particular.

C

Reaction score
Thanks Cory, for making so many efforts to help me.
I do live in the Netherlands.
It's late here now. Tomorrow I'll try to work out your questions.

Reaction score
No worries, glad to help out.

Let us know how it goes.

C

Hi,

I tried another MAC. Same problem. I'll inform if anyone else has the same experience with MAC. On the PC I only tried Explorer. I will see if I can find a support contact for the CMS.

Bye

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Since it didn't work on another Mac, then yours is in the clear. If you get a chance, try Chrome or Firefox on the PC and see if the issue persists. If so, then it is an ActiveX thing.

Keep us in the loop and good luck.

C

Reaction score
Since it didn't work on another Mac, then yours is in the clear. If you get a chance, try Chrome or Firefox on the PC and see if the issue persists. If so, then it is an ActiveX thing.

Keep us in the loop and good luck.

C
Thank you so much!

Ask a Question