control+r (^r) is not bound

Reaction score
Dear all

I've just noticed that my ^r is not responding, i.e. when I open Keyboard Viewer the combination doesn't blink, while other combinations such as ^s does.

Does anyone know how I can debug this, it seems like the system just disabled/ignoring the combination all together.
I use this to reverse-history-search in a terminal, and it used to work, but I'm not sure why it doesn't any more.

I'm running Mojave 10.14.4 on a Macbook Pro 2017.

Thanks in advance.

Br

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

First thing to try would be to look in  > System Preferences... > Keyboard > Shortcuts and see if any of the defaults or custom assignments are using the Control-R combo.

C

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

First thing to try would be to look in  > System Preferences... > Keyboard > Shortcuts and see if any of the defaults or custom assignments are using the Control-R combo.

C
Thanks for answering,

unfortunately no one else is taking the combo. I've even tried to Restore to Defaults.

Reaction score
Yes it's work for other combinations like
Control-s to forward-history-search in terminal and right click with Control-click.

Ask a Question