Contact

Reaction score
I can not enter a new contact in my Contact app. I type in a first name and that page just disappears. My other contacts seem to be ok.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS? (You posted this in Mac OS 9 and earlier) ;)

C

Reaction score
Still can't enter New Contact in Contacts. I have downloaded Contacts+ as a work around.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

So, you are in the Contacts app and click the + button > New Contact or File > New Card in the menu bar, type in the first name and it disappears?

C

Reaction score
That is correct. I have tried dozens of times and the same thing happens. I just can't get a new Contact in. I can store my info on Contacts+ because it works well but doesn't feed in to my emails automatically.This is a new problem and I can't remember if it showed up after I upgraded to Big Sur or not.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...

Are you syncing Contacts via iCloud? If so, maybe you could add them when logged into icloud.com or on an iOS device, and they will sync down to the mini. At least that will work temporarily until we can resolve the issue.

C

Reaction score
I know you will think I'm crazy but don''t have anything to do with iCloud. I keep everything on my computer. I really am not familiar with how to work with it. Year's ago I had problems with files being on the cloud or computer and I couldn't find them

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No, not crazy at all...I completely understand.

I will see if there are any other avenues we can try to restore that functionality.

C

Ask a Question