Connection to FTP(PC)

Reaction score
I have a in house ftp server witch i connect through Finder, it works for several days then I always get the message “Connection failed“. I have checked the ftp server and it's running fine and I can connect to it through ftp client.

Have anyone some solution, this is annoying :confused:

------------------
Malli

Reaction score
Not sure how you are doing this, but Finder doesn't normally connect via FTP. I suspect its using SMB. Which is known to be a little flaky at time.

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Just for clarifications sake, for FTP access in Finder, are you using "Connect To Server" under "Go" in Finder menubar .... don't know about previous Mac OS versions but I've only once used it (Mac OS 10.7.5) and as far as I know it only offers "Read Only" access ... I'm not sure why you are having issues though.

Reaction score
Yes that's right I'm using SMB. I use Finder, press cmd+K(connect to server) and there I put the IP address on the FTP server witch I need to connect. I'm running 10.6.8 os and I can read and write when the connection is alive.

Ask a Question