Connecting to mixer.

Reaction score
Hello. I have a new iMac and a sound mixer which has two 6.35mm jack sockets for output.

What is the best way to connect the two?

Thanks,

Laurence.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Do you want to use it as an output device or to record...I assume the latter?

Since Macs do not come with an audio input any longer, you will need some form of USB audio input device. The Behringer U-CONTROL UCA222 would work for you if you connect the record out from the mixer to the inputs. Then, you would connect the USB cable from the UCA222 to the iMac. This would only give you a stereo left/right mixdown connection from the mixer to the iMac.

If you want to have more flexibility in GarageBand, Logic Pro X, etc., then you would need a different mixer altogether. It really depends on what you are trying to accomplish.

C

Reaction score
I have an iMac 27" retina 5k. I am trying to record the output from a couple of vocal mics. I would be grateful for your recommendations for budget solutions.

L.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
There are several USB audio devices with two mic inputs from companies such as PreSonus, Focusrite, etc. that range between $100-200 USD that would be perfect for that.

-What budget range are you looking for?
-What brand/model are the mics? Only two?
-Is this for singing or spoken word?

C

Ask a Question