"connected as"

Reaction score
When I do a network connection between any of my several computers, the screen shows "Connected as:" with a random e-mail account of mine. How do I get it to show me connected as my login name? I'd like to see that by default. Oh, if I disconnect, and then "Connect" with my username and password, "Connected As" becomes my username, like I want. But then I disconnect, and connect again, and that same random e-mail appears. I tried to remove and reestablish all network login references to the machine I'm connecting with in Keychain Access, but that doesn't do the trick.

Reaction score
I should add, that e-mail address IS my AppleID account name. Why would I be completing a Network connection with an AppleID account name? In fact, when I remove all the passwords for the remote machine on my Keychain access, I STILL connect right up to the remote machine without having to enter in an account name or password. So I'm suspecting there is some other, less conspicuous, mode of account identification going on here.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I have seen the same issue on my Macs. I get the same results if I disconnect, then connect as my user name. Not sure why that is happening, but I will look into it further.

C

Reaction score
And the answer is ... iCloud! Log out of iCloud, and remove all references to that e-mail in Keychain, on both home and target machines. Then reboot. What a piece of c***p. I don't ever use iCloud, but somehow I managed to log myself in with an e-mail address.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Well, glad it's sorted.

Thanks much for letting us know what the solution was, so that it may benefit others in the future.

Be well,

C

Ask a Question