Computer Freezes

Reaction score
Hoping someone can answer this . I have a 2017 iMac 21.5 " 16G ram, 950G SSD HD.. I put my Mac to sleep after using it. It boots down fine. I come back to my Mac after dinner. Both screens are on however everything is frozen. Mouse doesn't work. Keyboard doesn't work. Nothing seems to unlock it. My only option is to shut it off and restart it. When i do that its fine. (until the next time) Any help would be appreciated.
To date I have run it through Disk Utility First Aid. Everything comes back with a check mark

Reaction score
Hoping someone can answer this . I have a 2017 iMac 21.5 " 16G ram, 950G SSD HD.. I put my Mac to sleep after using it. It boots down fine. I come back to my Mac after dinner. Both screens are on however everything is frozen. Mouse doesn't work. Keyboard doesn't work. Nothing seems to unlock it. My only option is to shut it off and restart it. When i do that its fine. (until the next time) Any help would be appreciated.
To date I have run it through Disk Utility First Aid. Everything comes back with a check mark
You don’t happen to be running macOS Monterey, do you? I was dealing with a similar problem until I learned that Monterey has a bug associated with Bluetooth. The problem was apparent in my case because I have a couple of Thunderbolt 3 4-drive enclosures and while idling/sleeping, the one with hard drives in it would start up (you can hear the drives spinning). Turning off Bluetooth stopped this from happening. Not an issue with me because I also have a Magic Trackpad in addition to the mouse, and trackpad and keyboard are always connected to USB. If you don’t have a trackpad, you will have to turn on Bluetooth to connect with the bluetooth mouse.

In addition to the Bluetooth bug in Monterey, there’s also the memory leak problem.

Anyway, let me emphasize that this bug is known only in Monterey. I never came across this issue in Big Sur or earlier.

Ask a Question