Cloud?

Reaction score
First, thanks to all who replied to my earlier, confused question.

I'm not sure if this the right place to post this question (and I don't want to incur anyone's wrath and/or an assault of name-calling and false accusations) but I didn't find any discussions of iCloud, or Cloud in general and/or Google Drive.

I have a MacBookPro with Mountain Lion, an iPad and an iPhone with iOS6 (I think - the latest one anyway).
So far, the Cloud (or iCloud) has been a disappointment, but there are doubtless ways to make it perform better, if I could just find them. Is there a Cloud thread somewhere? I looked at the list of current Forums, but didn't see one listed.

Lastly, a few nuts 'n' bolts questions: What are "Trackbacks"? Also, under the box for writing a reply, there is a checkbox that says, "Include the msg you are replying to as a quote" - (that's not verbatim, but it's something like that). But the box is grayed out - I wasn't able to put a checkmark in it.

What are "poll options"? For that matter, is there a glossary posted somewhere that explains your definitions of terms and so forth for new users?

And is against the rules to include your email in a post? I did that and it was removed. Is that a general policy or was it just because it my email?

Again, if this is the wrong place for this topic, or for any of my questions, or if I've done something else wrong, I apologize in advance - please just tell me politely what my error was and how to correct it without accusing me of nefarious intent or calling me ugly names. Thank you very much.

cheers
marti

Reaction score
Hi,

Is there a Cloud thread somewhere? I looked at the list of current Forums, but didn't see one listed.

Just create a new thread under Mac OS X or iPod, iPhone & iPad depending on which and what device your question appertains closest to. EDIT: There are threads re iCould but app specific example iCal and iCloud.
What are"Trackbacks"?
From I what I understand it is a tool for bloggers.

Also, under the box for writing a reply, there is a checkbox that says, "Include the msg you are replying to as a quote" - (that's not verbatim, but it's something like that). But the box is grayed out - I wasn't able to put a checkmark in it.

Sorry I do not see that in Safari. Re screen shot.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-01-06 at 20.06.43.png
    Screen Shot 2013-01-06 at 20.06.43.png
    75.7 KB · Views: 321
Reaction score
Oldscribe -

Thank you so much for your reply.

I think I did start a new thread for iCloud/Cloud discussions, but I don't think I put it in any of the places you mention - I'm sorry if it is the wrong place.

I cannot read your screen cap, but I'll take your word for it - and I wonder if maybe some of the peculiarities I'm seeing are due to different browser - I hadn't considered that. I'm using Firefox. You say the checkbox for including the msg you are replying to as a quote isn't in Safari, yet you were able to includ my msg as a quote in your reply! So there must be some alternate method. I could not do likewise, as the option for "Include as a quote..." did not appear this time.

Vis a vis Cloud (and Google Drive) my interests/queries/goals are not specific to one device, but rather to the interaction between and among devices, that being touted as one of the merits of iCloud/Google etc.
And I sincerely apologize but I did not understand you statement that came after EDIT in your msg.

Thanks much
marti

Reaction score
Hi Marti,

I cannot read your screen cap, but I'll take your word for it
Just hover your mouse over it and it should enlarge.
You say the checkbox for including the msg you are replying to as a quote isn't in Safari, yet you were able to includ my msg as a quote in your reply!
Sorry I miss understood you when you said it was underneath the reply box, but the wrap in quote button is on the top bar along with the font, insert email buttons etc, it looks like a yellow page.

My edited message just hinted that there are threads regarding iCloud on the forum but are app specific, there is one for example dealing with iCal and iCloud.
I think I did start a new thread for iCloud/Cloud discussions,
Which forum heading is it under, as I can seem to find it?

Here is a little video maybe you have already seen it.
http://www.apple.com/icloud/#video

Reaction score
Also Marti,

iCloud is pretty vast and covers many things, one really good thing for me is iWork, I write a document in pages on my Mac at home save it to iCloud. Go to work then open pages on the phone and there is the document, I can edit on the go and save, then when I get home open the edited doc on my mac. You can create folders and sub folders as you wish.

Also iCloud for me is really handy regarding photos, adding a contact or adding a calendar event on one device, as once done it gets sent to all my other devices automatically. :)

You do this by turning on iCloud on all your devices so that they all connect to Apple's servers, where your information is stored.

Just brings everything together.:D

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
And is against the rules to include your email in a post? I did that and it was removed. Is that a general policy or was it just because it my email?

It's not personal just general policy .... we encourage private messaging for the exchange of such details. :)

Ask a Question