Clicking speakers plus lag/freezing, Macbook

Reaction score
My speakers silently click every few seconds and I get the pinwheel+unresponsive program very frequently (nearly every use), especially when dealing with audio, video, and web browsing. When not lagging like this, the computer performs very smoothly. Upon taking the machine apart, I noticed the copper on the heat sink was charred, as if it had significantly overheated, possibly from my recent Age of Empires bender? I've swapped out my ram, hard drive, and even installed a clean OS with no change. Is it possible that the heat sink is the culprit?

2007 Macbook 2.2ghz core 2 duo, 3gb ram, 320gb hd

Reaction score
I am having a problem with my audio as well. When I play a video, youtube, netflix, itunes, everything really, the video freezes and I hear two soft clicking noises. The video plays for another few seconds and once again, the two clicking noises pause the video. This has made watching anything with video and sound impossible on my laptop. Please help! Here are the specifics about my laptop:
processor: 2.1 GHz Intel Core Duo
Memory: 1 GB 667 MHz DDR2 SDRAM
Hardware Overview:
Model Name: MacBook

Model Identifier: MacBook4,1

Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo

Processor Speed: 2.1 GHz

Number Of Processors: 1

Total Number Of Cores: 2

L2 Cache: 3 MB

Memory: 1 GB

Bus Speed: 800 MHz