Choosing wifi network on OS Utilities

Reaction score
i have a 2010 Macbook Pro with Yosemite. I downloaded El Capitan and started the installation, which was gonna take 30 min. Halfway through it something happened and the computer shut down.

i turned it on again and tried to finish the install but an error message popped up and the installation cannot continue but at the same time I cannot access my HD again.

What I'm trying to do now is choose Reinstall OS X on OS Utilities. However, the left-click on my trackpad is not working and in order to use the Reinstall option I need the internet connection. And I don't have a mouse on me.

the question is: is there any keyboard shortcut during OS X Utilities in order to access the WiFI button on the right upper screen?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

I don't know of any keyboard command to access the Wi-Fi button at that screen. You may have to borrow/purchase a USB mouse. Or, you could visit an Apple Store, and they should be able to help you get OS X reinstalled.

C

Ask a Question