check the health of the battery in my MacBook Air 2014

Reaction score
I have in the past had the health of my battery checked, since it loses charge more quickly as it ages. However, the battery was good last year at this time so I did not replace it. Now I cannot remember how I checked it.
Apple support says this on the website:
"To view your battery's condition, choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click Battery, then click Battery again. In the lower right corner, click Battery Health. You may see any of the following conditions: Normal: The battery is functioning normally."

When I open System Preferences there is no "Battery" to click on, just the power saver lightbulb. Any other suggestions?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

I checked the steps from Apple: Check the condition of your Mac notebook’s battery on my MacBook Air (13-inch, Early 2015) running macOS 11.4 Big Sur and I do not see the Battery Health information either. Maybe it is for certain models only, or they removed it?

You can get similar information by going to  > About This Mac > System Report... > Power > Battery Information: Health Information:. That will list the cycle count and condition.

Hope that helps,

C

Ask a Question