Changing language only for specific software with Automator

Reaction score
The issue:
I have a french macbook, with a french keyboard (the AZERTY);
I use Final Cut Pro 7 frequently, but the shortcuts only respects the keyboard keys when the language is set to US.
When the language is set to french, 99% of the shortcuts doesn't work at all, ONLY on FCP7.
So every time I need to use FCP7 I have to switch the language to US, and if I need to write something dawn I have to switch it back to FR, or else the Q goes for A, the A for Q, the Z for W, the W for Z, the "," for M,... it's a complete mess.

Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 12.29.31 AM.png

What I'd like to try, but don't know how:
Does anybody know if there is a way to program my system to change the language to US whenever the FCP7 is up front, and change back to FR when not?

azerty.png

THNX

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Not an exact answer to your question Gustavo, but are you aware that there is a default keyboard shortcut for this Control Command Space.

This selects previous input source, as you can see in the image.

If the keyboard shortcut is in use elsewhere you can assign a new combo.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 3.34.39 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-10-11 at 3.34.39 PM.jpg
    62.4 KB · Views: 357
Reaction score
Not an exact answer to your question Gustavo, but are you aware that there is a default keyboard shortcut for this Control Command Space.

This selects previous input source, as you can see in the image.

If the keyboard shortcut is in use elsewhere you can assign a new combo.

Thank you. I didn't knew that, but it doesn't automate anything. I'm looking for something that doesn't require my attention.

Ask a Question