Change author name on previous Word edits!?

Reaction score
OH holy crud! I have been fighting with Word 2008 for hours and googling like crazy and I CANNOT figure this out.

I completed a bunch of edits using track changes for an editing job I'm completing. However, I did it on a shared school computer so the changes and comments show up under my research lab's name. I need to change the editor name to ... well... "editor".

I have done this for all subsequent comments, but what about the edits made prior to changing the name??

Help please!

Reaction score
I'm no expert, in fact I came across your query as I was trying to solve the same issue. So far, the only way I have found to do this is to accept all the changes and turn off the tracked change feature. Save the clean document. Change your user name to "editor". Open Word and compare the old document (before any editing was applied) with the new document (the one in which you've accepted all the changes). This will then show the differences between the two marked as "editor". HTH a bit, if you find a quicker way, I'd be interested!!

Ask a Question