CD Burner

Reaction score
Hi All,

I was just trying to be old school and burn a recently downloaded album to a CD, but I apparently have no burning software on my Mac mini. I have an external drive, so what am I doing wrong? If it's true, what would be the best freeware to enable me to burn an album from my iTunes?

Joel

Reaction score
Hi Joel,

All you need to do is create a playlist with the songs that you want on the CD, then under the File menu you should see Burn Playlist to Disc. Select that and follow the prompts.

No 3rd party software is needed.

Reaction score
Hi Joel,

What do you mean that the computer says "no"?

Is your burner recognized by the Mac? Is it an Apple Superdrive?

A note about burning music to a CD. You need to make sure that you have the playlist highlighted and that there is less than 80 minutes of music in the playlist.

Reaction score
Hi MacsBug,

the computer makes all the right noises and the playlist is there and of the correct length, but I get the attached message on my screen that says "disc burner or software not found".

The CD drive works as I have burnt CD's onto my iTunes, but I am at a loss as to what is missing, so that's why I quoted the programme "Little Britain" and the computer saying "no". A bad attempt at humour.

Reaction score
Hi Joel,

One thing to try. Is the burner plugged directly into the mini? On my setups here I have noticed that the burner will not work if connected to a Mac via a hub.

Ask a Question