Catalog bitmap error

Reaction score
I was interested in finding out if anyone knew a little about read/write errors? I tried to verify my drive and I received this message "Verify Failed". I bought DiscWarrior to try to cure this message, DiscWarrior did its routine and I still receive the same message. Attched are the two screens that show the Verify Failed block number and the block location. Any help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 12.24.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 12.24.01 PM.png
    25.3 KB · Views: 412
  • Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 12.29.21 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-11-22 at 12.29.21 PM.png
    48.8 KB · Views: 389

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

That could be a bad block, or two files have actually attempted to write to the same location on the hard drive. It also could be an error in the disk header/catalog.

-Which model Mac?
-Apple or third-party drive?
-Which version of OS X?
-Which version of DiskWarrior?
-How os the drive partitioned and formatted - GUID and Mac OS Extended (Journaled)?
-Do you have a utility such as Drive Genius or Techtool Pro that can perform a full surface scan of the drive?
-Do you have a current Time Machine brother back of the data on that drive?

If it is a catalog error that DiskWarrior cannot repair, normally it requires that you move all the data off the drive, reformat, then move the data back.

C

Ask a Question