Catalina

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

I am running the Catalina Public Beta on a 2016 MBP. Nothing special to report other than the new features mentioned. Definitely requires 64-bit only apps. A beta is a beta, so some functionality doesn't work fully or partially.

I do recommend to those out there wanting to try it out, DO NOT install betas on your primary or production Macs. If you do, make sure you have a full Time Machine or clone of your drive BEFORE installing it. It is always best to install betas on a spare/test Mac, or another partition/external drive.

C

Reaction score
Due to the fact that my Bose Soundlink Mini bluetooth speaker did not work well with Mojave 10.14.6, I am wondering if anyone has installed Catalina and tried out Bluetooth compaibility? I am hesitant to jump right in and try it. Thanks

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello elaine,

Which model Mac?

On my test Mac runing Catalina, Bluetooth seems to be working normally. As I stated previously, I don't recommend installing beta software on primary/production computers.

C

Last edited:

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks. That has Bluetooth 4.0, which should be compatible with the Bose.

Is it the Bose SoundLink Mini or Mini II version? There may be a firmware update for it. Also, you could try removing it and re-adding it in the Bluetooth preferences.

C

Reaction score
I sincerely wish I'd never downloaded it. I can no longer drag and drop stuff to desktop and then post said stuff on replies on sites. There are other unfriendly issues and so far no luck purging it from my MacBookPro retina yr. 2015.5. Hack tooey award to me for wanting a bit more speed. :(

Ask a Question