SOLVED Cant share

Reaction score
Hello,

I`m not computer savvy so this question may be ultra simple to answer for most of you folks. Don't know what suddenly happened but I can no longer forward or share files. The moment I place my pointer on Share I get the dreaded spinning ball. My only response is to force quit which drops me out of Safari.
Please help, as this is so frustrating. Thanks much.

Hondo

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Which version of Safari?
-Do you have any third-party Safari Extensions or utilities like MacKeeper, antivirus, etc. installed?

C

Reaction score
Hello,

I`m not computer savvy so this question may be ultra simple to answer for most of you folks. Don't know what suddenly happened but I can no longer forward or share files. The moment I place my pointer on Share I get the dreaded spinning ball. My only response is to force quit which drops me out of Safari.
Please help, as this is so frustrating. Thanks much.

Hondo
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X/macOS?
-Which version of Safari?
-Do you have any third-party Safari Extensions or utilities like MacKeeper, antivirus, etc. installed?

C
Hello Cory,
Thanks for replying. To answer your questions (hopefully accurately):
iMac 16,2 ?
Catalina 10.15.4
Safari 13.1
Have the following: Avast (free version)
Onyx
Cocktail
Hopefully you have a much needed solution for me. Thanks.

Hondo

Reaction score
Hello Cory,
Thanks for replying. To answer your questions (hopefully accurately):
iMac 16,2 ?
Catalina 10.15.4
Safari 13.1
Have the following: Avast (free version)
Onyx
Cocktail
Hopefully you have a much needed solution for me. Thanks.

Hondo
Opppss! I also have ad-block plus

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK, thanks.

That is an iMac (Retina 4K, 21.5-inch, Late 2015). macOS and Safari are the latest versions.

I would try the following:
-Disable Adblock Plus Safari extension
-Quit Avast for now

See if those two steps correct the issue.

C

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hmmm...not sure. Some piece of software is probably causing the hang issue. Those would be the first to check.

You could try logging into the Guest User and see if it happens there. If not, then it is something loading in your user account. If it does, then it is something system-wide.

C

Reaction score
Cory,
Weird, weird. Having deleted the two previously mentioned software earlier, I restarted my system a few moments ago and lo and behold, I was able to forward a few files. Go figure! Before I scream success, I should probably download those software again one at a time and try again. Here's hoping. Thanks Cory. I'll keep your suggestions.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

Ahhh...the infamous restart. ;) That is always a good step when troubleshooting.

If you do reinstall them, try changing some of the settings in Avast. Disable any real-time scanning, as that tends to slow things down and cause other issues, as it actually scans EVERY file as it is opened or accessed. You can always run a full scan manually.

Let us know how it goes.

C

Ask a Question