Can't Locate Photo File

Reaction score
I recently upgraded to El Capitan and my photos app upgraded as well. I used to be able to attach photos to emails, but now the only photos that show up in my photos file are the ones I took on photo booth. I can still view the photos in the app, but I can't find the file destination. I can't click on a picture and click file "show in folder" because the "show in folder" option is grey for me. I can't find any of my pictures in my finder either. It's like there's no file for them anywhere. I know I can manually import every single picture to a document and have them in there, but that's a huge pain and three times the work that I used to have to do. I called Apple support today and their answer was "that's weird, it shouldn't be doing that. We'll call you back tomorrow." Can any of you guys think of a solution?

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
… but now the only photos that show up in my photos file …

Not sure what you mean re: "photos file". Are your photos still stored in your Pictures directory?

Check that first.

Used to be iPhoto Library but I think Photos.app is the new replacement … do you have 2 libraries there now? iPhoto Library & Photos Library?

I'm still running 10.7.6 so I'm kinda going in blind here ...

Ask a Question