Can't get computer game to install

Reaction score
Hi,

I teach kindergarten and for christmas one of my parents donated a mac to our classroom. It has sat unused for some time, but recently I got a computer game for it but I cannot get it to install. I insert the disk, the installer comes up, then it says something along the lines of "classic is starting up" and then it just stays like that for a good long while before it just gives up. Any ideas? Thanks in advance :)

Reaction score
Hi,

Need a little more info,

1) What Mac and OS X are you running?
2) What is the game called?

Reaction score
Thanks so much for the reply! I'm lost here. The game is just a kids CDROM game. It's called Clifford's thinking adventures. I have no idea on the other question. I will have to check on that Monday when I am back at school. Can you tell me how to quickly find that information? Thank you, I really appreciate it!

Reaction score
Hi,

Firstly is this a desktop or laptop model, to find out other info click the apple top left of screen then click about this Mac.
This game only runs on OS X so if your machine is pre 2001 then I do not believe it will install as from about 1984 to 2001 the operating system was called classic Mac OS. Then from 2001 up until now it is called OS X.

Reaction score
It is a desktop. It could be pre-2001, I'm not sure as it was a donation. How big of a pain would be be to change the operating system if that were the case? Thanks again.

Ask a Question