Can't eject Remote Disc

Reaction score
I am unable to eject a "Remote Disc" that appears under Devices in my six month old 27" iMac. Running Sierra, about to update to High Sierra. Have tried several fixes I found in forums, none have worked.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

-Which model Mac?
-Which version of OS X?
-Is there an actual disc being shared from another Mac that shows as mounted?
-Or, do you mean the Remote Disc icon on the sidebar of a Finder window?

C

Reaction score
Hopefully your "minor" issue can be resolved. Also, be "careful" about upgrading to High Sierra. A number of folks here (and a couple on another site I visit) have been having various issues with High Sierra. Myself, I did a clean, fresh, "virgin" installation of OS 10.13.2 on both of my Macs, and except for a minor issue with Quicken 2007, and with the slow (but improving) start up/switching start up devices, I am doing fine with High Sierra.

Also, before you upgrade, make sure all third party (ie, non-Apple) software you use is compatible with High Sierra. This site can help you with that:

https://roaringapps.com/apps

You might need to download and install updates for some/?all? of the third party apps you use.

Finally, make sure you have a current, "last" backup of your Sierra system.

Ask a Question