Cant download Sierra From App Store

Reaction score
seen the install come up on my computer but it doesnt let me download it. does it just take over El Capitan, do install it seperately, are there other alternatives than the app store

am i compatible

i signed up here but cant download sierra

https://beta.apple.com/sp/betaprogram

Code:
 El Capitan 10.11.6
Model Name:    Mac mini Late 2014
  Model Identifier:    Macmini7,1
  Processor Name:    Intel Core i5
  Processor Speed:    2.6 GHz
  Number of Processors:    1
  Total Number of Cores:    2
  L2 Cache (per Core):    256 KB
  L3 Cache:    3 MB
  Memory:    8 GB
  Boot ROM Version:    MM71.0220.B07

Last edited:
Reaction score
Your machine is certainly compatible, so that is not a deterrent. I was able to download Sierra from the App Store last week on my mid 2013 13" MacBook Air. But, with OS 10.12.1, the first update for Sierra, scheduled to come out by the end of this month, and also because an update has not yet been available for TechTool Pro, I will upgrade to OS 10.12.1 from OS 10.11.6.

You need to explain what you mean by "seen the install come up on my computer but it doesnt let me download it". How did the install come up on your machine? When I downloaded OS 10.12, a file entitled "Install macOS Sierra" appeared in my Applications folder. (I subsequently made a copy of it in another folder on my machine). Is that file in your Applications folder?

Reaction score
theres a message in the corner of the screen when updates are available, theres a download button in the app store but it doesnt do anything

i never did anything, but theres an install in my apps folder

im going to install it

Reaction score
If you have any third party software, make sure they are compatible with OS 10.12.

Also, it would be wise to first make a copy of that "Install macOS Sierra" to another location on your machine, because once you launch that file from the Applications folder and perform the installation, it will be deleted. You might need that copy in case something goes bad, especially after the installation.

Ask a Question