SOLVED Can't Download Catalina from App Store

Reaction score
I'd like to upgrade from El Capitan to the latest dot release of Catalina; Big Sur is still too new for me to have any confidence in it. My Mac mini qualifies for both Catalina and Big Sur, so that's not an issue. But, everytime I try to download Catalina from the App Store, it says it's not available in the US store, but it is available in the UK store. However, when I click on Change Store, then it says the item is not available in the UK store, either.

There used to be a way of downloading currently supported versions of the OS other than THE current version. Catalina and Mojave are still supported, so why can't I download the OS? I notice that the installer for Mojave did download in my Applications folder, but there's no entry for Catalina. Disk space is not an issue; just now, I checked, and my internal hard drive has a capacity of 998.98 GB with 708.87 GB space available.

I haven't had to do this in many moons, and I can't seem to discover how to do this any more by searching the web. Any ideas?

Reaction score
Actually, I had been trying to use that link. The issue turned out to be my Firefox browser. Apparently it has a problem with opening iTunes to access the App store.

Thinking I might need to be on the Administrator account to do the download, I logged onto it, and the only browser I had ready access to there was Safari. Using Safari, I was successfully able to access the link and download the Catalina installer.

To eliminate the question whether it involved my userid in some way, I logged back on as me and attempted to access the link using Safari, and it worked. I'm installing Catalina now.

So, long story short: browser issue.

Ask a Question