Cant accept an invitation of screen sharing through messages from sierra to high sierra heeeeelp

Reaction score
hi,
i would like my friend to share his screen to me so i can see his mac and take control
he has activated messages (and said no to do you want to receive messages with iphone)
i can send messages to him and get his replies
when i sends a request to share his screen i don't get any invitation
and he gets a message that I am not allowing to connect or something,
can you help me with this it is very frustrating
because i used to use teamviewer and it was easy enough for a 5 year old to connect in 1 minute,
and now it is incompatible, then theres anydesk seems cool too but he crashes when he opens it (sierra?)
HEEEELP

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

It is my understanding that both Macs have to be running High Sierra or later, be logged into their own iCloud account, and be using the Messages application. I am not totally sure of the High Sierra or higher requirement however.

Due to the current situation, many folks are using Google accounts and Google Hangouts. Of course, that requires a Google account on both ends, but they are free.

I don't recommend Zoom, due to the recent security issues.

Are you just trying to share a screen, and not control?

C

Reaction score
hi,
thanks for the info
I really need to take control of my friends mac and move files around

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
OK...

Then you will need something like Jump Desktop, TeamViewer, or possibly Chrome Remote Desktop, as they don't require any port forwarding or router configuration.

C

Reaction score
thx a lot I haven't heard of the new ones, I always used teamviewer cause its so simple but now it didnt accept connection obliged an update that fails, offers version 15 but then says i can't use. dead end and I also waisted time trying to download on their website it was taking for ever from the cheapest server ever invented

Ask a Question