Canon Pixma 6600D and Lion

Reaction score
My Canon 6600D is a great printer for me. My computer with Snow Leopard recognized it and installed it readily. My iMac with Lion, however, will not. The Apple tries, but finally gives a message "The software for this printer is currently unavailable. Please contact the printer's manufacturer for the latest software." I downloaded the 10.7 driver the Canon site provided. It installed fine. Still, when I then try to add the printer, the whole cycle starts over. Is there a way to get Lion to recognize this Canon driver? Or has anyone found a different way? Thank you.

Reaction score
Thank you. Yes, I've done that (and all else I mentioned) several times. I appreciate the suggestion.

Reaction score
k, try deleting all the printers you have installed, do a full shut down, and start up. With the printer plugged in and turned on. Reinstall the Canon 6600D Lion Driver, Restart again. Log into the Admin Account, System Preferences > Print and Scan add the Printer.

Reaction score
Kaveman,
Voila! I followed your procedure and now have a well-working Pixma 6600D. Many, many thanks to you. If you have a brief description of why that worked, it would be nice. After all, that's how we learn to know our hobby. But after what you've done for me, I assure you I am content. Thanks again, and I'll keep my eyes open on the forum in case I may be of help to someone who needs it.

Reaction score
The Cups Printing system can behave strangely at times, I've found it does some clean up and housekeeping at shutdown/restart. I think thats what cleared your problem.

Sorry, no good explanation just something we found that sometimes works.

Ask a Question