Cannot boot from other disk Mavericks in same computer with H Sierra

Reaction score
Hello !!!

I have a Mac Mini 2014 with an SSD and PCIe, 2 diferent drives, The PCIe has H Sierra... I'm trying to install Mavericks on the SSD and leave High Sierra on the PCIe but I can't.

Also I have a running copy of Mavericks in and usb Envoy external PCIe, can boot in other computer but not in my Mac Mini. I make a copy fron this Envoy with Carbon Copy to my SSD and the H SIerra recognize as a startup drive but when I reboot the computer gives me a circle with a bar cross, can't find boot information or whatever. Did the same on 32Gb USB stick and also try to make an Install Disk with Disk Maker (the version for 3 different OSX's the one with Mavericks support) but also won't boot or can find especific files...appears the same circle with the crossing bar...

Anyone has any idea...?

Thanks a lot for any help in advance

Have a good day

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

The Mac mini (Late 2014) doesn't support OS X 10.9 Mavericks, as it shipped with OS X 10.10 Yosemite. You won't be able to install or startup from Mavericks.

C

Ask a Question