Cannot be played on this iPod?

Reaction score
When trying to sync a new playlist from my MacBook Pro, no luck. So, decided to try to add a new playlist one song at a time to the iPod. I get to one tune and get the following message: "Such and Such Tune" was not copied to the iPod because it cannot be played on this iPod.

Okay, this particular tune is in my music list and was used in iMovie. What might be the reason?

Reaction score
can you listen on MacBook, now?

Get Info on the track in iTunes to see more information.

Reaction score
Okay, the "Kind" is MPEG audio stream as opposed to AAC. Cannot figure out how to change the form, though. And why, I wonder, would it play on iMovie, play on iTunes on the MacBook, and NOT play on the iPod. Hmmmmmmmm

Reaction score
Because the Mac can decode more audio stream formats than the iPod.

In iTunes select the track, if you are using the latest version, File > Create a New Version...

If you're not using the latest version hunt around the menus there is a convert option in there.

Reaction score
Went to "File" and "Create a New Version." Unfortunately, all three of my choices are grayed out.

Ask a Question