can not access own web site

Reaction score
Hello, for the past few days I have been unable to see my own web site or get email related to my web site. Other people can see my web site. I have tried both google chrome, and safari. I have cleared all my cookies and browser history. I am not computer savvy. Thank you in advance for any assistance, embo.

Reaction score
On Safari click the circular arrow button, 2 or 3 times.

what message are you getting?

Reaction score
Thank you Kaveman. When I click the circular arrow button on Safari, I get the message "Safari can't find the server". The web site I am trying to see is jewelrybyemmy.com

Reaction score
It working fine here, but you know that.

Have you cleared your Remove all Website data?
Safari > Reset Safari... > Remove all Website data

Reaction score
Just tried that, and no change, still get the "can't find server" message. The web host changed the DNS number 3 weeks ago. It is possible that I didn't try to look at my web site for 3 weeks, unlikely, but possible. The not being able to get email from the web site is definitely only about a week old. It is intermittent too. Mostly I can't get the email, but occasionally, I can.

Reaction score
What I would guess is that your Mac has cached the IP number and with that changing is still going to the old number.

Start by giving your Mac a Apple Menu > Restart

if that doesn't clear it I get the Terminal command to reset that cache

Reaction score
Thanks so much, I really appreciate all your help. I copied the command and pasted it into my Terminal. BUT, I have to find my password!! I will let you know if that works :)

Ask a Question