Can I use Automator for this graphics task?

Reaction score
Greetings, oh ye wise souls of the Automator-world.

So, here’s a question from a complete noob...or, a.k.a., moron :)

I do a lot of graphics processing. Fairly often, I will produce an image with Poser or some other 3D software and then drop that image into another application (in this case, Aquarella from Jixipix) for further manipulation. But, I would like to be able to do a bit of batch processing—that is, I want to take 30 or so images at a time, drop them one after another into Aquarella, and have the results appear magically in a folder without my laboriously shifting them by hand into the application.

Can I do that with Automator? And if so, how? I have been singularly unsuccessful at it so far.

I notice that one of the sample workflows provided by Apple itself does something similar (taking a number of images from a folder and submitting them to a filter) but that isn't using a third party application.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello and welcome.

Normally, third-party apps will have a batch process built-in for that purpose, if they choose to include that functionality. If Aquarella doesn't, then it would probably be a very intricate AppleScript/Automator action that could possibly perform that. However, I am not very well versed in either, so I cannot give you any useful guidance. Maybe the folks over at MacScripter could.

C

Ask a Question