SOLVED Calendar app - notifications have stopped

Reaction score
In both the settings for the the Mac Notifications and the app itself, everything is toggled on. But no notifications appear. Just started recently after years of no problems.
Ventura 13.2.1

Reaction score
I notice that the notification appears in the Notification Center, when I toggle the time icon. But it still won't appear as an Alert on my screen. I notice that on the Notification Center banner it is written Time Sensitive.....what does this mean and could this be the problem? Thanks

Reaction score
Hey @NickBB,

Sorry for the late reply, but as far as I know, 'Time Sensitive' means notifications that require immediate attention will be shown even when 'Focus' is enabled, so that should not be the problem.
It sounds like you've checked all the right places. Just to confirm - in your Mac's settings, under 'Notifications', is your Calendar app set to 'Alerts' and not 'Banners'? Banners disappear automatically while Alerts stay on screen until dismissed.
Also, could you check if the 'Do Not Disturb' mode is off? This might be interfering with your alerts.

Alright, this seems to be all. Hope this helps!

Reaction score
Thanks, deleriouscat, I had followed all those steps and still nothing......until, 2 days ago - the notifications started popping up!
Who knows, anyway, now I have to find out why WhatsApp is not giving me notifications. Sigh.

Reaction score
Good to hear your calendar app is back on track! For WhatsApp, you can check out the settings in the app itself. Sometimes they can change after an update or something.
To be honest, I had something like that with my Instagram app a while ago, and I literally could not do anything about it. The message notification would just not appear for hours. All I could do is to contact the support and wait for an update to come. The update fixed it all.

Ask a Question