Buying something new

Reaction score
I would like some suggests please. I hope you can give me some good advice. I have a desk mac and a notebook.

I would like to get rid of both of these and get something portable. What would you suggest I buy? I don't care about music but I do use the net a lot. Would an iphone be a good choice? how about an ipad? What is a mini?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hi,

It would depend on what you want to do with the new device. Also, if you were to move to a portable iOS device only, you will need to consider how you would backup your data - photos, documents, etc.

There are several Apple devices with mini in the name - Mac mini (desktop computer), iPad mini (smaller version of an iPad), etc. To which were you referring?

C

Reaction score
Cory, I have never seen or used anything except my desktop and notebook (laptop). I am moving and want to get rid of my big desk, computers, etc.......and get a smaller way of using the net. I just do research on the net, write poetry, etc, visit a few forums, and my gmail account. That is about all I need.
Any suggestions?

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
It sounds like an iPad would be ideal for your situation then. Your decision would then be down to price, screen size, color, and storage capacity.

-Do you want to save or print the poetry you write? If so, you could use services like iCloud and/or Google Drive.

C

Reaction score
Ok Cory, thanks for the suggestion. I will check out iCloud and Google, and I will look at iPads,

All the best,

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
No worries.

Let us know what you think after you take a look at the iPads. Make sure you test all of the functionality you would use with them to make sure an iPad would suit your needs. If you go to an Apple Store, they can give you additional information as well.

C

Reaction score
Good morning Cory. I went to the apple store this week and looked at the ipads. This is exactly what I want. I couldn't get much help as they were so crowded with potential customers, but they were set up for us to explore. I was shocked that you can get an ipad for as low as $399.00. I liked the next one up which was 599 I think.

With and ipad, can I post on a forum like this? I also went into a windows store in the same mall and there doesn't seem to be that much of a difference in price if you get a good one.

The little keypad on an ipad will be a challenge, so tiny. I saw some people with a pen tapping on the keys. I am a real typist so I would hate to just do one letter at a time.

Do you have an ipad Cory? If so, how do you like it.

I heard that apple is having a problem with the newest version, have you heard that?

Thanks Cory for giving me so much attention. I appreciate you.

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Yes, you can post on forums like this one.

I don't really like the other tablets - the Surface is more like a portable computer. The iPad really has the best user experience.

You can get an attachable or separate Bluetooth keyboard if you'd like. They are a little easier to type with and have physical keys.

Yes, I have two iPads and I love them! I manage almost a thousand of them at work, including the 12.9" iPad Pro.

Always remember this: you hear about issues with Apple products, but that is such a small percentage. Especially when you consider that Apple has sold over a billion iPods/iPhones/iPads combined.

Now worries...that's why we're here. Let us know if you have additional questions.

C

Ask a Question