Brand-new iPad frustration

Reaction score
Hi

I was setting up my spanking new iPad, but something seems to have gone awry; even though I thought the transfer from my old iPad (my restoration from iCloud backup) had gone ok, the new machine keeps asking me to input my password for ‘VPN Connection’. I don’t actually use a VPN, although I did create a user account a few months ago at Tunnelbear.

I am not even sure that the new iPad is demanding the password I created for Tunnel Bear per se anyway, as the dialogue box is quite succinct (just “VPN Connection - Please enter your authentication information.”) It will not accept the password I created for TB, and keeps on looping around, not accepting my password and not allowing me to cancel the situation.

Is there a way to do a hard reset from start-up, so that I could effectively start again? I would love to get out of ths viciously efficient loop I find myself in!

I have attached a screenshot of the ‘VPN Connection’ problem.

Many thanks.

Attachments

• CD282135-FF39-4121-87AE-42DA765CE69A.jpeg
    CD282135-FF39-4121-87AE-42DA765CE69A.jpeg
    429.2 KB · Views: 347

Cory Cooper

Reaction score
Hello,

Sounds like you had setup a VPN connection at some point on the old iPad, so it transferred the settings.

On your new iPad, look in Settings > General > VPN to see if there is a configuration setup. If so, you should be able to delete it.

Let me know,

C

Reaction score
Thank you for replying, Cory.

Somehow (I have no idea how) everything has resolved itself, and I am back on track! It's amazing what switching it off and leaving it overnight will do. The still-mysterious VPN Connection was even accepting one of to possible passwords I must have used in the past year. I still don't know to what it refers, though!

Kind regards,
Ben

Ask a Question