Bootcamp Won't Partition

Reaction score
I have a problem with Bootcamp.

I opened Bootcamp Assistant and tried to select the option "Install drivers" in the beginning but it said I need at least 10GB of disk space available. I have 23GB available and I don't understand what Bootcamp is talking about. It won't let me partition.

Halp please.

Reaction score
Hi,

Have never boot camped ;) but you could go this route
but it will take a little bit of time.
1) First make sure you're all backed up using Time Machine.
2) Then put your OSX disk in, and reformat the entire drive (read: erase) then re-install your OS.
3) When you start the OS for the first time it will ask if you want to use Migration Assistant to restore your stuff, point it to the Time Machine drive.
4) Select this and you should up and running like nothing happened and your drive.
5) Then, finally, when you use Boot Camp Assitant it shouldn't have any problem reformatting your drive.

Reaction score
thank you but i dont have the disk. my computer is from ebay. :(

do you think re-installing Bootcamp could help too?

Reaction score
Hi,

You could try, what are the Mac specs? Year model etc as purchasing the OS X disks from Apple is very inexpensive and would mean that you could restore your Mac Easley anytime.

Reaction score
thank you for sticking with this and trying to help :)

its a macbook, 10.6.8

before i try the disk thing, do you think you could tell me what causes Bootcamp to think I have no space? It has never made this error before.

thnx

Reaction score
Hi,

Sorry no as I would never boot camp, so have never really looked into its possible issues. Although to be fare 23GB is not a great deal of free space if that is the correct amount you have left.

Ask a Question