boot camp questions

Reaction score
Hi guys, sorry if these have already been asked but here goes:

1. Is it normal to have no sound in windows?

2. It says to hold down the option button to have the option of which os to boot. I have held down the apple button but nothing happens, any ideas?
EDIT - found right button DOH!!!!!

Cheers,
Fev

Reaction score
Hello Fev,
1. "Is it normal to have no sound in windows?"
It's "normal" for WinDoze not to work properly.:) However, there should be a sound setting lurking about somewhere. On Mac, this setting is located in System Preferences under the Sound tab.
2. It says to hold down the option button to have the option of which os to boot. I have held down the apple button but nothing happens, any ideas?
EDIT - found right button DOH!!!!!
Good catch! For future reference the "apple button" is the command key.:D

Reaction score
Cheers walrus666, I've been into the sound settings in winDoze! (how right you are) but it says "no audio device", am i right to asume that the mac drivers disk that is written by bootcamp doesn't include a sound card driver?

Fev

p.s. if it helps:
macbook intel core 2.0 Ghz, 2Gb Ram, osx 10.4.10

Spawn_Dooley

Reaction score
Hi Fev79,

Go to the device manager and scroll down until you see a pci device with a "!" then try to update the driver in auto mode.

Reaction score
Cheers guys, all sorted now. Just have to get the dvd drive sorted now, keeps refusing to take disks at all or kicks them out at random. Apple store (genius department) looking at it tomorrow, here's hoping.
Fev

Reaction score
hi guys, Genius bar are replacing the drive (when it eventually arrives!)

On a dif note, I have partitioned my gard drive but need more space in the windows section, does anyone know if it is poss to increase the size of the partition without reverting to one section and then re-partitioning?

or...

Can i make anther partition which is available to both osx and windows?

Cheers,
Phil

Ask a Question