Blocking google ads in safari

Reaction score
have ad block pro and ghostery but the ads keep coming on safari have switched to alternative browsers but they also have drawbacks want to continue using safari but not at the cost of being ad revenue for google

Reaction score
thanks am using it currently also ghostery browser, faster than safari ... have just gotten used to safari
(google is paying them for every ad that hits safari) all this seems to happen after the newest safari up date to 17.1........

Reaction score
follow up; just went to safari using startpage and used a bookmark to view the guardian news and got several ads then went to ghostery browser and did the same and go 0 ads......hope this helps

Reaction score
When I 1st read your post I was thinking of ads on the google search since you mentioned Google Ads in your post.

I also prefer Safari as my browser. Besides using Startpage as my search engine, i use Adguard for Safari (https://apps.apple.com/us/app/adguard-for-safari/id1440147259) which is a free extension and blocks 99% of ads on websites in Safari.

I have been using Adguard for years now, so I really haven't realized that ads have gotten so out of hand. I just tried the guardian news website and when I turned off Adguard, the page was loaded with annoying ads.

Reaction score
have been with ad block and have switched to Adguard and hope this works on the new mac mini, my old imac and new air dont have the same ad problems ......go figure.
thanks for the heads up......

Reaction score
just to let you know the alternative browsers fire fox / ghostery no ads....using safari the ads al jazzera, guardian are there.... never had this before can only figure apple is doing the pay for your website or we let in the ads........

Reaction score
You need to make sure that you configure Adgaurd by going to the settings. Also if you go to a website that still has an ad on it, you can block an element on a page. As you use safari and block things, adguard will block more and more.

As I said, I have been using it for years and I don't remember the last time that I had to block an element in a page.

Ask a Question